Grain Free Coconut Granola
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
2. In a small non-stick pan, gently melt together the coconut oil and honey (or maple/brown rice syrup - the latter is better for anyone sensitive to fructose).
3. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl, add the warm oil/sweetener mixture and give it all a good mix, so the oil and honey/syrup are distributed evenly.
4. Spread the mixture out over the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 mins. Check it every 10 minutes or so to make sure it's not burning, giving the granola a shuffle to make for an even crunch!
5. Remove from the oven when everything is a dark golden brown, leave to cool and crisp up for 10-15 minutes, then eat!
That's it. I love it on top of porridge, or by the handful as an on-the-run snack.
As a singer, yoga teacher and lover of all things tasty, I'm constantly reviewing my connection with my body - and, by extension, the food I eat. I got into cooking in my early teens, when creating the perfect brownie was the biggest life problem I faced. Now, after digestive problems, sugar crashes and migraines have led me to a largely sugar-,grain-, and dairy-free existence, my love of cooking is driven by the search for food that is satisfying and nourishing. And just so you know, I consider eating almond butter from the jar (daily) both satisfying and nourishing..."
Follow Kate on Instagram: @misskatelister or check out her band at www.thefoobirds.co.uk