What I tend to do when I'm completely obsessed with two ingredients is combine them - or better: BLEND THEM.
And so, this fluorescent beauty was born!
Beetroot & Mint Dip
- 5-6 cooked beetroot
- 4 generous tbsp tahini (get the thick stuff from the bottom of the jar as the oil tends to separate)
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or balsamic makes it sweeter)
- Leaves from 5 large sprigs of mint
- 1-2 tsp za'atar
- Generous pinch sea/pink Himalayan salt & black pepper to taste (I love black pepper so I go wild)
- 1-2 small cloves garlic or 1 tsp garlic purée
- 1/3 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Set one sprig of mint aside
2. Blend everything else until smooth, stopping to stir through a couple of times to make sure everything's well-combined.
3. Add the leaves from the saved mint sprig to the blender and pulse.
4. Serve. Eat. Yum.
As a singer, yoga teacher and lover of all things tasty, I'm constantly reviewing my connection with my body - and, by extension, the food I eat. I got into cooking in my early teens, when creating the perfect brownie was the biggest life problem I faced. Now, after digestive problems, sugar crashes and migraines have led me to a largely sugar-,grain-, and dairy-free existence, my love of cooking is driven by the search for food that is satisfying and nourishing. And just so you know, I consider eating almond butter from the jar (daily) both satisfying and nourishing..."