I think I start every monthly feature saying how I can't believe its 'X' month! Well, it's now half way through August so I thought I would feature some of my favourite products I have tried this month in all different categories - workout gear, food and gadgets!
1. SmartShake*I'm not a fan of protein shakers unless they do something more useful than shaking my protein powder. The SmartShake doubles up as storage for your powders, supplements, locker keys... basically anything you need to carry with you for your workout. You can store the water in the main compartment and then keep your powder in one of the compartments at the bottom (we all know you can't mix the two until you have to!). The second compartment comes with a divider which can be removed in case you wanna store another portion of powder.
With so many colours available too you can match to your outfit or mix up the compartment colours (don't pretend you wouldn't do this! lol)
|picture taken by me at #ThePhoto101|
2. Nurofen Express Heat Patches*So me and my mum had a girls night in with these heat patches and TV in bed! Mum said "the patches really helped to relax the muscles (on my shoulder) and because of that I was able to sleep more comfortably". I didn't ask her for a score but she gave it 8 out of 10 and said she would use it again! I had the patch on my neck meaning it was exposed so took a little longer to heat up. Once I went to sleep though and got wrapped up under the covers it was much warmer. During the night though I did have to reattach it a couple of times. I didn't plan on scoring it but seen as my mum did, I'll give it 6 out of 10 and I would use them again too as they are great for muscular pain!
3. Nairn's Organic Oat Cakes*This month, I've been heavily munching on these Nairn's Organic Oat Cakes. I have them slathered in homemade almond butter and yes, I'm conscious of how many calories this all adds up to, but I don't count calories!
These oatcakes are one small change that I've made to eat organic; Organic September is coming up, and this year the Soil Association is encouraging us all to join their ‘Small Changes, Big Difference’ campaign. The message of this month is to celebrate all things organic and encourage others to discover organic products and swap the usual supermarket foods for them, in order to be kinder to ourselves, wildlife and the world around us.
These come in individually wrapped packs which mean I can throw them in my lunch bag and have them on the go! They are also enriched with Oat bran for extra fibre and slow release energy which keep me feeling fuller for longer meaning I'm less likely to eat junk!
4. Muscle Mousse*We're all a fan of a sweet treat right?! I think I go through stages though where I want a sweet treat more than other times. When you're training hard and don't want to stall your progress they are some awesome options out there, one of them being Muscle Mousse.
I tried out the Chocolate flavour which I topped with nuts and seeds. It took 2 minutes to shake together, then 20 minutes to set in the fridge. I'm not sure if I was in the right frame of mind when I ate this (was I even hungry?!) or if my expectations were not on point, but I didn't LOVE it. The serving was actually a little too large for me (note to self, use half of serving next time) and I think I was just over chocolate on that day. It does come in quite a few other flavours though, including strawberry and butterscotch. Each serving packs in 30g of protein, is low in fat and has no added sugar.
I think I will definitely be playing around with recipes using Muscle Mousse; might get myself a Great British Bake Off badge for my efforts so keep an eye out for any awesome creations I come up with to share!
5. Tessemae's*Don't really know where to start with these guys! These All Natural dressings caught my eye during my last Whole30 a few months ago but they've been a part of my diet regardless of me being on Whole30 or not.
One of my favourite products is their Ketchup - instead of refined sugar these use homemade date puree. My favourite salad dressing (oh or marinade) is the Zesty Ranch which I lathered on many a salad I eat during my Whole30.
Anyway, I don't wanna get anyone else hooked on these until I can confirm if they are able to ship to the UK! But unless there's something in the UK already to match, Tesserae's could be a good option for those of us who are little more mindful of what we eat!
What products have been loving over the past month?! What products are on your wishlist to try?!