A simpElle Guide: How To Set Up Lock Laces in 5 Minutes

With under two weeks to go until Duathlon Day, I have quite a to do list to complete. One of those things to do was to prep my running shoes by lacing them up with Lock Laces. This would help me to reduce my transition time which I realised on the Introduction to Duathlon event.

Personally, I’m not a fan of watching videos when I want to know how to do something. I learn better from reading. So I’ve recorded all the steps for setting up Lock Laces in your running shoes with pictures.

What’s In The Packet

Step By Step Instructions

Unlace your shoes and re-lace with Lock Laces. I took a before picture so I could ensure I put them back exactly as they were.

Thread each lace through the holes in the lock by squeezing the lock to open.

Cut the laces approximately 2 – 3 inches below the lock.

Insert the ends of the laces through the centre of the clip and press the clip together to close.

All done. Now to schedule in a trial run to ensure I’m happy with the fit.

Next on my to do list – choose new cycle helmet.

Have you used Lock Laces before?! Any other useful gadgets / pieces of kit that would be useful for a duathlon?!

Elle 🙂

1. Lucy Edwards
    September 2, 2014 / 8:45 am

Only problem I find with these, is that every time I remove them the ends of the elastics fray and it makes it hard to reinsert them. So I have to trim a little bit more off the ends every time to get rid of the fraying, which makes them gradually shorter and shorter! Obviously I could leave them in all the time, but I prefer to train with normal laces and only just these for races 🙂

• Elle Linton
      September 2, 2014 / 2:47 pm

awww yeah I get you! Maybe ry using selotape on the needs when you do take them out?! That should help! …I think I will stick with them in now as can't be bothered to take them out in all honesty! haha!

2. Vikki Roberts
    September 2, 2014 / 9:13 am

I have never swapped normal laces for lock laces, although I do love the set up that salomon use, but I LOVE elastic laces. I put them in for triathlon and have never looked back. I even moved them from my old trainers to my new ones!

• Elle Linton
      September 2, 2014 / 2:48 pm

I think I have started my love affair with elastic laces now! 😉

3. CARLA
    September 2, 2014 / 11:47 am

OMGOSH WE STRUGGLED WITH THESE.my child grew so annpyed with me :-)thank you for this.

• Elle Linton
      September 2, 2014 / 2:48 pm

haha! I'm guessing you got there in the end Carla! …and you're welcome 🙂

4. Erin @ Her Heartland Soul
    September 2, 2014 / 3:10 pm

I love Lock Laces!

• Elle Linton
      July 13, 2015 / 9:27 pm

They literally have been my favourite since writing this post!! I think i will buy more for all my running shoes!

5. Laura Dryden
    July 22, 2015 / 6:20 pm

Been a lover of lock laces for a few years now.. I actually hate normal laces now.They're great for running as you don't have to worry about them coming undone and having to stop mid run – and you dont have to worry about tying them too tight and they start hurting when your feet expand.One of the best purchases I've made!Laura | Laura:Fat2Fit

• Elle Linton
      July 22, 2015 / 9:36 pm

I think they are on sale in John Lewis at the moment too! lol think I will buy another pair for my new trainers! haha! 🙂 x