My Goalify challenge last month kinda got me into the swing of things. So much so, that somehow, I’ve ended up challenging myself to get up to so much more in August. I thought I’d do a quick post to share what I’m up to this month:
1. I’ve started my next Whole30. It’s been well over a year since my last one and I think I’m ready for the challenge again! The sugar dragon has creeped back into my life and sometimes it’s just ridiculous! I never got around to trying any recipes from Thug Kitchen so maybe that’ll be a goal this time round!
I’ve also coincided this with taking on a fizzy drinks swap challenge with Ugly Drinks; I had been back on diet coke for a while after I got sent a free case with my food shopping one week. The Ugly drinks are perfect for Whole30 as all they are is carbonated water and natural fruit flavours. They contain no nasties, no sugar, no calories… yup.
2. Long Ride Sundays. I need to go for a long ride each and every Sunday until I complete L’Etape on Sunday 27th September 2016. I have about 5 or 6 weeks to go so it’s my only opportunity to build up my endurance. I’ll be going to the Olympic Road track in Stratford unless I happen to have friends / organised ride to attend starting with 20 miles.
3. Training Goals. The plan is to do my Sunday Long ride, an upper body session, a spin class session, one run (speed work) and maybe a yoga / stretch class per week. I’m not sure if it’s too ambitious or not, but the best I can do is try.
4. Strengthen my core with Slendertone. I picked up a Slendertone Connect Abs at the most recent HBCxMeet event and have already started the Essential Toning programme which consists of a 25 minute session, 5 times per week for 6 weeks. Keep an eye out for my full review once I’ve completed the programme!
5. Body Confidence, Boobs and Bra’s. I’ve been to a few events this year all about sports bras and getting the right support. This month, I took delivery of a Bra Box from Moving Comfort by Brooks which contains three different bras all suited to the activities I’ve mentioned I will be getting up to. I wanna show off all these sports bras and the ones I already own, so I’m making an attempt to care less about what other people think and work out in my sports bra if / when I want to!
You can follow my goals day to day over on Instagram – let’s follow each other so I can see what you’re up to in August too!