Having not long returned from ten days in the Caribbean, I can’t deny that I’m suffering a little from the holiday blues. Returning to chillier days than I left behind (both in London and Barbados), darker mornings and the talk of autumn, Halloween and Christmas is making me shudder just a little bit!
Having spent the majority of the summer firmly with two feet on British soil it really got me thinking when I started reliving the fun of the summer months. SACO, The Serviced Apartment Company, conducted some research which found that Londoners are at their happiest enjoying a leisurely pub lunch in the Cotswolds, naming this part of Britain as their ultimate “happy” place (see the infographic for the full list) so I thought I’d share with you some of my happy (and active, of course) places that I found over the summer in the U.K.
In no particular order:
1. Cycling in the Peak District
2. Cake and coffee (mid ride) at Blackmore Tea Rooms in the sunshine
3. Eating fish & chips in Southend on Sea (after cycling there of course)
4. Trail running in the Devils Punchbowl
5. SUP in the sunshine of East London – if you don’t live in London, you should check out serviced apartments such as those on offer in London by SACO
6. Cycling London to Brighton (then stuffing our faces with pizza!) …eating an ice cream on Brighton Beach came second in the SACO research!
7. Volunteering at Hackney Half Marathon… the community feel is always epic!
The infographic below also shares some more insights from the research with you:
Over the next couple of years I’ll be busy with my head in books studying for my Masters (in Management and Business Innovation, if you were wondering) so I won’t really be able to get any unless its out of term. It’s great to know that there is still so much of the U.K. left for me to explore on day trips and / or long weekends!
What has been you “happy” place this Summer?!