Back in June 2020, I started the 9 week Couch to 5k (C25k) journey. And I have a confession to make; I made it to week 7, eventually week 8 and then I fell off the wagon.
Now this isn’t new for me tbh, but I’m determined to get back on track, finish C25k and then keep on running. Although it seems like parkrun won’t be returning as soon as I had hoped, I still wanna be ready for that PB when it does.
If you’re also doing Couch to 5k, or you’ve just finished… or you just wanna take part in a little challenge and get involved with our community, then I might just have the thing for you… and me.
Couch to 5k Bingo Challenge.
What is Couch to 5k (C25K) Bingo Challenge?
Over the course of 4-6 weeks, we have a bingo card with small challenges to tick off to get that full house.
Challenges will include a lunch time run, running a new route, conquering a hill and trying a new coach. The goal is to keep us motivated and even to push us out of our comfort zones every now and again!
The first official group challenge started on Sunday 1st November with prizes for those taking part including the chance to win a pair of Under Armour Running shoes*.
Other prizes we’ve had so far have been a full outfit from MyProtein, a case of original VitaCoco and I’ve personally thrown a one month class pass (worth £20) along with plenty of 4 class bundles.
The C25k challenge is now confirmed to continue into December with version 2.0 of the bingo card launching soon!
Where Do I Get My C25k Bingo Card?
You can download your digital bingo card from my ko-fi shop. There are two digital versions – one square and one which is perfect for Instagram stories. If you post on social media and tag me (IG: @ellelinton) I’ll add you an extra entry into each weekly prize draw!
There is also a physical version which I can post out to you. I have a limited number of these which are £2.50 each (plus optional donation) and are available on my ko-fi shop too!
First of all, make sure you join the couch to 5k bingo community club on Strava so your runs can be verified!
Check Out This Weeks Activity:
Then, optionally, you can join our community on Facebook if you wanna post your runs or just look for some moral support. It’s useful for when you need a boot out the door too!
I’ll update you on additional prizes when added via the Facebook group and by email, as well as update you on winners, keep up with your journey and get feedback.
Hopefully I’ve covered everything you need to know! Feel free to drop an introduction in the Facebook group when you’ve joined so we know a little about you and your running journey!!
See you on the start line… well, in the current circumstances, the start line is our front door, eh?!
Support for Rest & Recovery
Now I’m a massive fan of rest and recovery; it’s pointless to put in the hard work of moving / exercising / running if we don’t then eat well, stretch and get good sleep.
Throughout November and December 2020 you can get free access to the online Rollin’ With My Foamies 45min stretch and foam roll classes each Sunday. Keep an eye out in the Strava community and facebook group for the discount code.
There is also a Tuesday lunchtime 30min online foam rolling class which is free of charge for everyone. It covers lower body only, so perfect for runners!
You can download my post run stretch and recovery guide if you won’t be able to make the classes. And pre run, you can try these dynamic exercises to get warmed up as couch to 5k only builds in a 5 minute walk before each run.
- download the Couch to 5k / C25k app if you don’t already have it
- choose and purchase or download (for free) your bingo card from my ko-fi shop
- tag me on socials for extra entries into the weekly prize draws
- join the Strava community so your runs can be verified
- join us on Facebook for some extra moral support (optional)
- you get free access to my Rollin’ With My Foamies sessions
- or you can download the post run stretch & recovery guide here
- oh and here is a pre-run warmup
- schedule your runs!
I’m really looking forward to finally finishing couch to 5k and having a cool community to do it with!
Any questions… pop them in the comments below or get in touch!
Just a few terms and conditions before I wrap up:
- this competition is not in collaboration with any brands
- you need to be 18+ to take part
- to be eligible for the prizes, you need to be UK based but otherwise, you can enter from anywhere although the NHS couch to 5k app is only available in the UK
- prize winners will be contacted by email and / or private message and will have 72 hours to respond
- you need to log a minimum of one run per week to be eligible for the prize draw
- a maximum of 3 runs per week can be logged for entries into the prize draw