This Vegan Baked Camembert & Tomato Spaghetti takes less than 10minutes to prepare and cook, making for a quick, tasty and easy meal for lunch or dinner.
I dunno how long it’s been since “that” viral recipe took over TikTok and social media, but I managed to resist for the entire time even though I’ve seen plenty of people say how delicious it actually is. So when the opportunity came up to review some vegan cheese from the Violife range, I figured I’d see if this easy pasta recipe could work with vegan cheese too.
Having already been a fan of Violife products, I automatically assumed I’d be sent their version of feta and all would be well. I got the products, went out and bought everything I needed and only then did I realise there was no feta – or greek white as they call it.
So your girl had to get creative and figured, baked camembert has just got to work as well (if not better, huh?!) than feta. I gave it a go; and the result was *chefs kiss*. It was ridiculously quick and simple, made even mores by using my air fryer.
As a rich and cheesy pasta sauce, I can see this dish working as a winter warmer meal or for dinner after a long day or workout.
Vegan Baked Camembert & Tomato Spaghetti with Violife
Serves 1 | Vegan | Free From Dairy, Soya, Gluten, Lactose, Nuts & Preservatives
Vegan Baked Camembert & Tomato Spaghetti Ingredients
- 250-300g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 block of Violife Le Rond Camembert Flavour (75g)
- Olive oil
- 100g of pasta
- Start by preparing your pasta so it’s finished when your cheese and tomato sauce is ready. Cook your pasta according to the instructions.
- In a baking dish, drizzle the cherry tomatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper and crushed garlic. Place the block of Violife Le Rond Camembert in the middle, also with a drizzle of oil on top.
- Preheat your air fryer at 199C. Place the dish in your air fryer, and bake for 5 minutes, until the tomatoes are roasted and the cheese is melted.
- Once the tomatoes and camembert are done, remove from the air fryer and add some basil. Combine everything together with a wooden spoon or fork (adding a small amount of pasta water if needed) until fully mixed.
- Add the pasta directly to the dish and stir well, adding some basil or thyme to top it off!
Note: I reckon the smaller the tomatoes are the better. Also, take the vines off before baking; yeah it looks cute and aesthetically pleasing but they were a hassle to pull off the steaming hot tomatoes. Double the recipe to serve two / make enough for left overs tomorrow.
The great thing about this dish is that you are free to add your own touches to it depending on what you like, whether it be switching up the cheese like I did, or adding other ingredients such as pancetta. You can also check out the Violife website for more vegan recipes to try.
More MealS To Try:
- Easy Chickpea, Mushroom & Spinach Curry
- 15 Min Meal: Spaghetti with Bacon, Chilli, Feta and Basil
- Easy Egg White Burrito (Whole30, Vegetarian)
- Simple Tofu Marinade To Nail Your Meal Prep
- Coconut Butternut Savoury Bowl || inspired by 26 Grains
Let us know if you liked this one and if you recommend any different ingredients!
Leave a Reply