I love having an afternoon off all by myself in the kitchen, it’s really where I spend most of my time when not at work, but there’s something calming about being alone with music, in my own space, enjoying…banana bread.
This afternoon I baked a delicious banana, pear and chia seed loaf to use up the tonnes of pears I have received in my weekly produce box, and as I haven’t been very good with bringing snacks out and about. I also seem to need to eat like every two hours.
These lovely ripe bananas and pears needed some attention and what better way to make a filling, tasty wholesome snack. It’s so simple and you should have most ingredients in the pantry. I enjoyed mine fresh out of the oven with almond butter. I’d love to hear your thoughts on how it goes!
Healthy Banana, Pear and Chia Seed Loaf
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 3 eggs at room temp
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 and a 1/2 cups of rice flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 tbsp chia seeds, plus extra
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 2 small ripe pears
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Whisk the melted coconut oil and agave until they combine.Add the eggs one at a time, then vanilla.
- Mix all dry ingredients together separately, then fold into the wet mixture and slowly add milk.
- Mash the bananas with a fork and add to the mix.
- Pour into the lined tin, add the pears whole, sprinkle some extra chia seeds and bake for approx 20mins at 180C.
Tip: to make green bananas ripe, place in the oven on 100C for 20mins – they will look charred but they will be lovely and soft inside!
Try: Substitute the pears for a cup raspberries or apple!
My name is Kaitlin and I’ve featured some healthy, easy recipes on Elle’s blog. I’m passionate about eating clean, and being the best we possibly can be through healthy eating and regular exercise – I hope you enjoy my recipes!