Aero Mint Chocolate Cups
45 minutes | Serves 6 – 8
- 1/2 cup VitaCoco Coconut Oil *
- 1/2 cup Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter
- 2-3 tbsp honey / maple syrup
- 1 scoop Bubbly Mint Choc Muscle Mousse
- 75ml water
1. Add 1 (25g) scoop of Muscle Mousse to 75ml of water in a shaker and shake for 20 – 30 seconds until combined. Pour into a bowl and pop in fridge to set.
2. Melt the coconut oil over a gentle heat in a small saucepan. Add the tbsp of almond butter and blend it in (this gives the chocolate a softer, creamier texture).
3. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cacao powder until smooth. Add the honey / maple syrup when the mixture is a little cooler.
4. Fill the bottoms of 6 – 8 cupcake cases with a tablespoon of the chocolate mixture and place them in the freezer for 5 -10 minutes.
5. Check the bases are set, then dollop a teaspoon of the Muscle Mousse into the centre of each one.
6. Use the rest of the chocolate mixture to cover the Muscle Mousse centre and refreeze for 5-10 mins, until set.
So, I’m not gonna sit here and tell you these are “healthy” but they certainly are healthier than shop bought chocolate which is packed full of refined sugars. This recipe does however contain good fats which can aid fat loss, reduce cholesterol levels and aid digestion.
I tried Muscle Mousse back in the summer of 2015 and didn’t love it. I decided to give it another go after I heard they had updated their recipe, and try a different flavour (I’m a fan of aero mint chocolate you see!). I had no problem ‘nomming’ the entire serving this time and immediately started thinking up a million ways to use it to create new recipes! It packs a punch with 30g of protein per serving, is low in fat and has no added sugar!
So sometimes, it’s worth giving stuff a second chance, eh?! Have you tried Muscle Mousse before?! Love it or Loathe it?!
Leave a Reply