When Podcast Host Vicky Shilling dropped me an email inviting me to be a guest, as someone “doing brilliantly in the wellness industry” I wasn’t sure that really was me, to be honest. Because, how do we measure success? Is there a finish line? Or is it a constant work in progress?
Over the half hour that we chatted though, it was great to put into words how I got to where I am today. Vicky reminded me of some of the language that has helped me with mindset over the years, much of which I picked up while working at lululemon (did you know I worked there for 3 or 4 years?!).
They are big on goals, accountability, authenticity and all that jazz which really helped me to cement values I had already identified as integral to me as a person. And I recently got to do a collaboration with lululemon to share some of their running kit – see one of the images below.
I shared more pictures and the kit in my post about how to get back on track with running – y’know, for when you lose your mojo. You can check out the full outfits and details on my Liketoknow.it page.
So back to the podcast episode for a minute. It’s just 28minutes long, so perfect for you to make a cup of tea / coffee and have a catch up with us.
Here’s an overview of what we talked about:
- Elle’s journey from bored full-time office worker, Nike training club instructor, through to the multi-hyphenated career she has today
- The mindset shift of learning to harness the power of choice and possibility
- Choosing the right support at the right time, from joining communities such as the Just Start Now Facebook group when you’re starting out, to getting admin help to be able to focus on the ‘sexy’ side of the business
- The importance of goal setting, being open to goals shifting or changing, and how they help Elle with making everyday decisions to keep her on track
Listen To The Full Episode:
“As an ex-athlete who fell into the world of self-employment, Elle started a blog out of necessity in 2012 to keep people up to date with her races. Little did she know that 8 years later, her side-hustle would turn into her full-time job and catapult her successful fitness business.”Jade Phillips, Coconut
Not actually sure where they got the ex-athlete part from, but let’s just go with it, eh!
If you fancy keeping up with what’s going on here on my corner of the internet, drop your email in the sign-up box below please. And if you’re looking for support on your own venture, or business, then I’ve opened my commissions so you can ‘pick my brains‘.
When you’ve had a listen to the podcast episode though, leave a comment below or on my social channels to let me know what you think.
More Podcasts I’ve Featured On
Got time to listen to more? Here are some of my other recent podcast features:
- Health Unwrapped Podcast: Rest, Reset and Recovery
- Beginner Triathlon Preparation | Dotiv The Podcast Feature
- Maintaining An Active Lifestyle – Podcast Feature
- Strong Habits Podcast Feature – Cycling, Mooncups & Adventures
- Talk Twenties Podcast Feature – Keeping Fit & Active
- Tough Girl Podcast Feature: Elle Linton
- Bigger Than You Podcast Feature with Julie Creffield