Just when I thought I had lost my passion for running, I joined Anna on an IG Live chat all about running and reminded myself why I haven’t permanently given up the sport!
As a “self-confessed running re-starter” I think I’ve got a few nuggets of knowledge to share whether you’re a beginner or returner so I didn’t wanna waste the information. I’ve created an audio file that you can listen to, or you can head over to my IGTV channel to have a watch.
Here are some of the questions we covered:
- tell us about you and what you do
- when did you get into running?
- why running?
- what was your favourite thing about couch 2 5k?
- did you learn anything / make any mistakes when you first started running?
- how do you motivate yourself when you don’t feel like running?
- do you plan on taking on a 5k parkrun once they’re back up and running?
- do you plan on entering any running races?
- what’s the best thing about running?
If you have any other questions for me, drop ’em in the comments below! But feel free to have a looksy on the Running Category here on the blog where I document my journey, my love of the running community and more great tips!
In my Summer 2020 Q’tine Life Update, I also shared with you some podcasts I featured on recently, talking about everything fitness, running and cycling, including how active I was as a kid, to how I got into the Fitness Industry.
Here are the podcasts already live you can catch up on:
- Tough Girl Podcast Feature: Elle Linton
- Talk Twenties Podcast Feature – Keeping Fit & Active
- Strong Habits Podcast Feature – Cycling, Mooncups & Adventures
I’m also scheduled to be a guest on two more podcasts this September (2020) so as soon as those have been recorded and are live I will be sure to share here on the blog.
When you’ve had a listen to this little running chat though, please leave a comment below or on my social channels to let me know what you think.
You speak very passionately, it’s hard not to feel motivated listening! I’m definitely guilty too though of starting training plans with all the enthusiasm in the world and then letting it drop off. Looking forward to hearing the upcoming podcasts.
Thanks Jay! …I’m still a few runs away from officially finishing couch to 5k so defo have some work to do on my consistency lol Happy running!
Girl, you are a heroine to us ladies! I need to start getting my act together.
I think I’ll try your strategy!
hahaha thanks Joseline! and good luck with your running!